Excluive Doors Open YYC opportunity! Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes in the energy efficient, environmentally sustainable TELUS Spark building?
Travel deep into the heart of TELUS Spark to learn about how a sustainable building (LEED Gold) regulates temperature, circulates heat, conserves water and drives innovation.
*Behind the Scenes tour is free.
**Please note that admission to TELUS Spark is not included with the Doors Open YYC tour. If guests would like to explore Spark after the tour, a 50% off same day admission rate will be provided.
Guided tours available – registration is required using link at top of page.
- Two tours will be offered, starting at 11 am and 1 pm, Pre-registration is required (use link at top of page)
- Tours are 60 minutes in length, 20 people per tour
- Minimum age is 6 years old and children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Please wear closed toe shoes.
- Certain parts of this tour are not wheelchair or stroller accessible.
- Admission to TELUS Spark is not included with this registration. If guests would like to explore Spark after the tour, a 50% off same day admission rate will be provided.
- Meet us at the Main Entrance by the Admission Desk
Significance to Calgary
Calgary’s science centre was born in 1967 as the Centennial Planetarium, part of Canada’s 100-Year Anniversary. Since then, we have evolved to be an innovative community-hub, sparking Calgarians’ curiosity in science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM).
Men & Women, Family Stations, Handicapped
Parking is a flat fee of $10 per day, ParkPlus zone number 8310
Public Transit Route Info
TELUS Spark is conveniently located near Calgary’s bike path system and is accessible by Calgary Transit. If travelling by public transit, take the LRT to the Zoo Station. Follow the signs to the Zoo Parking Lot. Upon exiting the station, follow the pathway to your left towards St. George’s Drive. Walking time to TELUS Spark from the station is approximately 10-15 minutes.